cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out

ema08

Broadband dropping out

In the 10 days my broadband has dropped connection a number of times, each time for a few mins, the Hub 2 has flashing orange lights, then it reconnects.  Unfortunately this has now happened twice in the middle of important webex calls.  Having never had these issues with previous providers I'm concerned that Plusnet Broadband isn't so good.

Is this a common occurrence or is there a specific issue that can be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband dropping out

@ema08 Welcome to the forums. This could be for a number of reasons.The Plusnet Help Team will get to you soon, but if want possibly quicker help:-

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Broadband dropping out

Hiya @ema08, thank you for getting in touch. 

I'm really sorry for the issues that you've been having with your service and disruption this caused to your calls, I can appreciate this is frustrating!

I have had a check over things today and the connection does look a lot more stable, though can see a few drops over Wed-Fri last week. Testing today hasn't detected any faults in the network, but a 'bridge tap' (usually un-terminated wiring somewhere) has been picked up and could cause some issues. 

I can organise a Qube engineer on behalf of Openreach to clear the bridge tap for you, would that be OK? If so, just get back to me with your availability here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=225185024 letting me know once done and I can get that booked for you Smiley 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team