cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out

Edwar65

Broadband dropping out

Been a plusnet customer for about 6months (previously with madasafish) and am experiencing lost connection to router, whereby I get the router login screen on my device, the router is a tg582n.  I have also noticed slow speeds, intermittent connection problems and generally a poor service.
Can anyone offer any help here?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Broadband dropping out

Hi Edwar65,
Welcome to the forums.  Your described symptoms match a number of possible issues, ranging from simple DNS look up failures through to a frequently disconnecting connection.
What version of operating system(s) are you using?
Is the phone line noisy?  Dial 17070 option 2.
Is the router connected to the master socket?
Can you please gather all the data required in the speed issues thread at the top of the forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Broadband dropping out

We are seeing a few connection drops on your account, but I'm not sure that you'd notice them all the time.
If Townsman's suggestions come back clear and or don't resolve it, we can perform a full line test and then advise what to do next. Hopefully the master socket test will improve things for you though.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team