cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropout

JRingrose
Grafter

Re: Broadband dropout

Guys et al.  I hope I am not speaking too soon.  Wasn't around at the weekend so no report.  However as of yesterday evening the system seems to be working.
My thanks to all who helped in this at Plusnet as it seems that BT are at fault as we all thought, but until pushed to the limit they were not really interested.
All the Jargon etc on speeds and other items go out the window - just to have the system working is enough.
I will now try to set up e mail accounts as you sent me many moons ago and sort other areas out.
Thanks again.  I am going to put what help you gave me on Ciao Reviews as well, as you seem to have some bad press on there.
James
Grafter

Thanks John.
Appreciate your kind words.
JRingrose
Grafter

James, this is what I have put on CIAO:
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Plus_net__Review_5722449
I have to say that I have read many bad reviews about Plusnet on this site.
When first going with Plusnet I started to have the feeling they were right as my system never worked from day one.
However the guys at Plusnet pulled out as many stops as they could - down to sending more equipment to ensure all was working and finally when nothing worked getting hold of BT by the scruff of the neck to sort out the line which seemed to be the problem.
It took time - but not their fault as BT had no interest. Finally after the 3rd BT tech came who seemed to know what he was doing an outside cabling fault was found to be the problem which they sorted. Whilst I admit to getting shirty with the Plusnet guys (as it was after all them I was with) - it was a bit unfair as it wasn't in reality their fault.
Anyway to be honest I have found them to be polite and helpful and I hope if I get any problems again this will continue to be the case.