Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropout

James
Grafter

Re: Broadband dropout

Hi there,
Unfortunately the fact that you have an intermittent fault, even though it worked for a few hours, does not prove that the modem itself is not at fault.
I've now raised your fault with BT and we'll be able to update you further once we have heard back from them.
JRingrose
Grafter

Generally I would say it is usually OK at night but plays up during the day - (In General but not always!)
JRingrose
Grafter

Quote from: suesykes
This is exactly whats happening to me... I have just borrowed another router to see if it fixes the problem.

I'm really not happy with this at all
JRingrose
Grafter

Any idea when something will come back from BT and if they say no problem - what will happen?Huh
James
Grafter

Hi John,
As mentioned on the phone just now, I would expect some form of update from BT in the next 12 hours.
suesykes
Grafter

Its looking like mine is caused by a bad line. Just waiting to see if BT can work as hard as PN to put it right!
JRingrose
Grafter

James:
for added information. 
Last evenining from 1800 when arrived  home.  Modem showing Power Green.  DSL flashing all the time no other lights on.  Tried the usual unplugging connecting only PC to master socket etc.  All the same.  At 2052 all lights came on and system started working - all evening.
Deliberately left the modem on during the night.  This morning all lights on but no connection albeit the system showed first of all "full connection" and then "This connection has limited or no connectivity - You might not be able to access internet" - this was 0730 this morning - so nothing again
James
Grafter

Hi John,
Thanks for that.  I'm just trying to get some further information back from BT.  I'll update your ticket.
JRingrose
Grafter

Really hope this gets sorted soon as it is doing my head in.  I'm not the sort to always complain and can put up with a lot but as you know only just started with you !!! and it isn't good so far. 
If & when this is sorted I will be the first to congratulate you I assure you and put it on the site.
JRingrose
Grafter

James,
spent a number of hours on the phone with Steve on Sat night.  He talked me through setting up the Router as wasn't aware there was nio disk wetc with it.  Managed to get working but found that if speaking on the phone - it worked.  Switched phone off it dropped out.  All details on my ticket.  Got BT they advised line OK (I Realise this is merely the phone line). 
It is till the same.  In order to send some important e mails we kept switching the phone on which brings broadband back on but annoying when BT send the blast down the line to tell you your phone is off the hook !!!.
James
Grafter

Hi John,
Would you mind trying to swap the microfilter again, now that you have managed to get the router working fine?  The problem that you are experiencing is often a result of a poor filter interfering between the analogue and digital signals coming down your phone line.
JRingrose
Grafter

I'm afraid I have done that already - I have tried 4 different microfilters,  it still remains the same.  I also hoped it might be that
James
Grafter

Thank you.
Do you get the same problem when you are connected to the test socket behind the master faceplate?
JRingrose
Grafter

Yes I did all that with Steve on Saturday night.  Once BT said the line was OK I then went into the test socket on their advice and it is still the same.
James
Grafter

Thanks John.
I guess you phoned BT on 150?  Which would have been Retail, which would have been the advice that I would have given.
We're still waiting back on Wholesale to give us an update, although this could have been slowed by any fault that you made with Retail.  Hopefully we should hear back by this afternoon.  Feel free to give me a prod if I haven't remembered and I'll be more than happy to chase for an update then.