cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband download speed dropped over last 3 months.

equiwebz

Broadband download speed dropped over last 3 months.

Hi,

Our download speed has dropped from around 1.5Mbps to around 0.5Mbps recently. We had a BT engineer out last Thursday to check the line and he found a fault which he repaired but the speed has not improved. Do I need to speak to PlusNet again?

Pete.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband download speed dropped over last 3 months.

Hopefully someone from PN Cust service will read this & arrange to reset your line's profile. However, they'll need your log in name if different from that on forum Smiley
equiwebz

Hi Gel,

I'll contact them in a minute and see if I can get it reset!

Pete.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi Pete, sorry to hear you're having speed issues. I've tested your line and can see a faults colleague has also checked into your connection. We can see we are only getting just over 1Mbps to the router when the estimates for your line are 2 to 4Mbps which tells us there's still a problem somewhere. When testing your line it is detecting:
Test Result: Fail - Fault located at customer apparatus
Description: FAULT - Loop (Rectified)
which hints that something is out of place at the property which very well could be causing the missing speed.
If you haven't already I recommend plugging your router directly into the test socket to rule out a number of internal things that can cause this and see if the speed returns. It may be worth leaving the phone unplugged when checking this as the more things we rule out at once the better.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

By all means if your not seeing any improvement in the test socket then my faults colleague advises we go down the route of an engineer to the property and you can submit your engineer availability here:
Let us know how it goes.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=157772817

Kind regards,

Ben