Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down

kazaroouk
Grafter

Broadband down

Hi,

I reported my broadband down last Friday (after being on hold for an hour).  Had an engineer come out Wednesday and spent hours investigating, to find that the fault is not at my property.  Then had to raise it as a broadband fault (was on hold for over 30 minutes) (have been told it has possibly been disconnected when someone elses was connected but don't really know).  Since then I have heard nothing.

I have been without broadband for a further week and want to know what progress has been made since I rang on Wednesday please.  I did ask the question on my account under unanswered questions but no-one seems to be checking there as still have an unanswered question from 2nd November.

Really would appreciate an update as I hope you can understand how frustrating it is not having internet.  Since joining Plusnet I have only has a total of 4 days service.

Kind Regards

Karen

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband down

Hi Karen.

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing connection problems.

From what I can see on the back of the broadband fault we reported to our suppliers on the 7th, we've been advised this is being investigated and we should have an update in 3 working days.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and we'll update you when we know more.

If you need anything chasing up or have any further queries please feel free to post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kazaroouk
Grafter

Hi,

Sorry to keep asking, but this is now day 11 of no internet and 3 working days have passed since the engineer visit.

Can the issue please please be resolved today as I cannot go on without internet.

The engineer reckoned my connection had been knocked off when someone else was connected (at a guess) and it would need something called a  lift and shift (I think that's what it's called).  He reckoned I shouldn't need another home visit as it can be done remotely but I am very very disappointed I have not had any correspondence apart from when I've messaged.

This is highly frustrating and I really do expect this fault to be fixed today.

I have only just joined Plusnet and have so far had 4 days of internet and 17 days without.  Not the best start to a new contract.

Please fix my internet today!

Kind Regards

Karen

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this.

I can see we've got another engineer visit booked in for tomorrow morning between 8am and 1pm.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kazaroouk
Grafter

The engineer got my internet working and then it went down today again. I’ve been on the phone to report it, again. Its been an hour now but I’m waiting for an email or call from the faults team with an appointment. Can anyone chase this up as I have to let work now ASAP as this will be yet another day off work I have to book, the fourth one to be precise! I really can’t handle much more of having no internet, it’s hoghly frustrating.

Kind regards

Karen
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Karen, 

it's disappointing to see that it started to drop again after the engineer visit. I can see that you spoke with a colleague of mine this morning and thankfully Openreach have identified an issue and have arrange arranged an external task to get that addressed. 

I'll check back for updates on that later this afternoon for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team