Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down

devtaz
Dabbler

Broadband down

Hi all,
my broadband connection has been down since lunchtime Friday 06th December 2013.
I reported this via my neighbours internet and got a ticket timed 3:21 pm with remarks as follows;

"Thanks, you've given us all the information we need to investigate your problem
A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team with these details. We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.
In the meantime, we'll run some more tests on your telephone line over the next 24 hours.
You can help us by:
1.  Leaving your equipment plugged in and switched on.
2.  Making sure you've given us a contact number we can reach you on. If you've given us a mobile number we'll text you to keep you updated.
Please contact us if you need to provide a different contact number, or if there's any change to the problem you're having."

As I am now into the 3rd day with no internet and no reply from Plusnet,  I am just wondering, is  anybody about at weekends or are fixes done on Monday to Friday only?
btw;
I went through the troubleshooter and changed filters, cables, connected to "Test" socket and tried a backup router to no avail.
Also, the broadband indicator light on Plusnets router is not showing, it is off.
On the backup router (Netgear) internet light showing red.
The Telephone is working normally.
Hopefully somebody can help me out.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband down

From the sound of the ticket, the Technicolor router may have stopped working. The power light changing from red to green back to red doesn't bode well.
The Netgear router should allow you to connect, assuming it's an ADSL router and you've put the correct connection details in.
To confirm, this should be
Broadband username: username@plusdsl.net
I'll get a new router sent out to you today too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
devtaz
Dabbler

Thank you for new login details, much appreciated.
I am now back online.
Best regards.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Great, your replacement router should be there in the next couple of days too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
devtaz
Dabbler

Router delivered today,  that was fast.
Thank you.
Best regards.