cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down, ticket opened, but 4 days later, still no response: what next?

creamola
Grafter

Broadband down, ticket opened, but 4 days later, still no response: what next?

Hi,
    My Mum is in her 80's and relies on BB to keep in contact and be entertained via iPlayer etc.
Her ADSL connection currently cycles up and down - but it is up so infrequently, that the router doesn't even have time to NTP before the line drops again.
I reported the fault on Sat [I am authorised to manage her account] and an Xray(?) test was run - which confirmed it was an Openreach fault.
The ticket is: #108426518 which states a response is expected within 24 hours, but despite my requesting an update yesterday, nothing has happened yet - and this is the 4th day since reporting.
Is there anyone from PN CS who could just take a look at this for me?
Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband down, ticket opened, but 4 days later, still no response: what next?

Considering the length of the line and the amount of errors, the SNR was way too low. I've upped this which will likely cause the speed to drop slightly but may help stabilise the line.
The line before doing that looked absolutely horrible:

The line is producing a very high number of errors even in the short period since the changes I made went through so I'm just retesting and will update the ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Re: Broadband down, ticket opened, but 4 days later, still no response: what next?

It's requesting an appointment, can you update the ticket with the availability please?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
creamola
Grafter

Oh .... that doesn't look good...
Thanks for checking this - as I have now updated availability in the ticket.
In the unlikely event that OpenReach could turn up this afternoon, I would alert my Mother to stay in - otherwise I have provided alternate time slots.
Thanks for your help with this - really appreciated!
Chris
Legend

I'm confident in saying it won't be this afternoon, I'll update the ticket shortly with what I've booked.
creamola
Grafter

Cool - thanks!
That SNR tweak has really helped. Some sort of connectivity has been restored (judging from the number of emails I have just received from my Mum ....) and her PC is now showing up in my TeamViewer, which is the first time since last week.
Chris
Legend

I'm having a little issue with the fault report, it's got 'stuck' on the system we report it on. I'm just trying to get it either progressed or closed now so I can get it in to the right state.
creamola
Grafter

Chris - that seems to be sorted now - as an engineer is booked for tomorrow.
Thanks! Great service.
dick:quote