cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down for last hour

Dolga
Dabbler

Broadband down for last hour

Broadband been down for an hour or so now. Done the usual resets on the router. Nothing. Help please, am in the middle of an important project which requires a proper internet connection. Thanks in advance.
19 REPLIES 19
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband down for last hour

@Dolga

Welcome to the forums.

It is probably quicker to phone Plusnet if it is urgent. 

On 0800 432 0200

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Is your phone line working?
Dolga
Dabbler

I can't check as don't own a landline phone. Only have it because I have too 😣
Dolga
Dabbler

Thanks, I don't have much luck on the phone to them. Will give it a go if not back up by 4
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

I'm sorry to hear about this, I've just ran a line test for you and I have found that there might be a possible fault on our suppliers network, I have raised a fault engineer to fix this for you, we will have an update for you in the next 72 hours. you can track this fault Here - Tony

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Dolga
Dabbler

I need this fixed today I have work to do! I thought plusnet were my supplier?! After taking nearly 8 weeks to connect me to a move of home and still charging me for that time never having a refund it is not acceptable to start this same stupid process again. A year ago I would have happily recommended plusnet now I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

While I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by the fault you're experiencing on your line, I'm sorry to say that faults do sometimes take time to resolve.

This matter has been reported to our suppliers and we have been given an estimated response time of 17/05/17 23:59:59. However as advised on the ticket on your account this is an estimate and the issue may be resolved before this point.

In regards to a refund following the housemove, the account does show that a refund for downtime during the housemove was issued.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Dolga
Dabbler

Nothing has been paid into my bank! Again you call me a liar. You need to work on your customer service!
It offends me a company that lies so much to a customer will try to turn it around on the customer.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry you feel I am calling you a liar. This is not the intention of my previous post.

I am simply advising that the account does show that refunds have been issued for downtime during the housemove.

Having said this, it is correct that the refunds were not issued as soon as I would have liked to have seen them issued. There was a delay between the orders completing the refunds being issued. But refunds for downtime during the housemove have been issued on the account.

EDIT: Refunds were issued in an appropriate time frame back in April.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Dolga
Dabbler

I can also confirm that it is correct I have no refunds showing in my bank at all. You may wish to consider the card I paid with had to be cancelled due to fraud possibly from using my card on your site?! Who knows. Anyway no refunds have been issued. I do know how to check my account.
Dolga
Dabbler

Also would you possibly think considering if I called you to ask if you had refunded a payment you would have asked me to go through security checks before giving information on my account that posting it on a open forum is not correct? Regardless of what I post. Data protection wise surely this is not right?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Dolga wrote:
I do know how to check my account.

I did not suggest otherwise.

If you'd like to drop me a PM with a screenshot showing no refunds have been received I'd be happy to flag this up with our billing team for further investigation.

@Dolga wrote:
You may wish to consider the card I paid with had to be cancelled due to fraud possibly from using my card on your site?!

We generally wouldn't do this, as we only have the option to submit the refund against the card/account that the payment was taken from.

@Dolga wrote:
if I called you to ask if you had refunded a payment you would have asked me to go through security checks before giving information on my account that posting it on a open forum is not correct? Regardless of what I post. Data protection wise surely this is not right?

I have not gone in to details regarding the refund, I have simply confirmed that an appropriate refund was issued following the housemove, which should be done following any housemove.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Dolga
Dabbler

You think I'm going to screenshot you my bank activity your living in lala land!
I suppose next you will tell me you are a Nigerian prince!
If I had called you wouldn't have given ANY information on my account until I had completed security! This is a joke.