cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down for 9 days now

bobdanbh

Broadband down for 9 days now

I have a single mother, vulnerable tenant for whom I pay the broadband and mobile bills  (both with Plusnet). A car demolished the relevant Openreach pole** and the broadband has been off since. Reported to Plusnet on 15th March, and case opened. 
Promised action within 72 hours. 

Fortunately her 2 children are at school, but break up this Friday and she has to then home educate them. I asked Plusnet for a large, free amount of data on her phone - refused. I see Plusnet does not belong to the "£8 a day after 2 days broadband compensation scheme"(shame).

I've followed up the fault ticket and the script keeps on delaying action. Openreach have not been spotted working on the pole since their first visit on 15th March.

Any suggestions? I've bought her £20 (I think) data add-on, but surely thi isn't right. It won't go far anyway.

**It was a pole that was demolished - I don't understand why this has destroyed the broadband but maybe a cabinet was hurt.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Broadband down for 9 days now

@bobdanbh Does the pole that was demolished carry your phone line? If so, that is why the BB isn't working.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi bobdanbh, 

I can help out with this and make sure we're doing all we can to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Please feel free to drop me a private message with the username for the account in question and I'll be more than happy to get on the case for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobdanbh

Sorry, I don't know as I live quite a long way away. She does have a landline that she never uses.

But I guess so as otherwise the simultaneity of the BB going down with the pole being demolished would be a phenominal coincidence.  

bobdanbh

Adam,

Sorry, it's clear I'm new here. How do I send you a private message?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@bobdanbh - click on Adams name (in pink) and you see the option to the right of the resulting screen.

John
bobdanbh

Thank you jab1 (which is the same number of Covid jabs I've had)