cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down, fixes not working

clare155

Broadband down, fixes not working

My broadband has been down this afternoon. All equipment is plugged in, phone line connected. Router restart had no effect, neither did a reset with a paperclip.

The red light is on and the red b comes on and off every now and then (it’s mostly on).

When I attempted to use my username and password via the router the page would not proceed.

Grateful for any tips! Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband down, fixes not working

Did you create your own router password?
If so, using the paperclip would have reset password/user name to factory settings, as
printed on router.
clare155

Thanks for replying - I managed to log in to the router using the password on the back of the router. It then asked me for my username and password for the broadband specifically which I attempted a number of times but was unsuccessful. There was also an option to reset the username and password which also did nothing - it just returned me to the same page with no error message.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@clare155 To log into the router, you open a web page, type '192.168.1.254' in to the address bar, and in the page that opens - 'admin' into the user field and the router password into the  password field - both, as @Gel says, on the bottom of the router or the card that came with it.

John
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@clare155 Where did it ask for your broadband user name and password? Logging into the router should bring up the main/start page of the router and so far as I know, it doesn't care about your Plusnet credentials.

Edit: Although, re-reading your original description of red lights, I'm not so sure.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @clare55, I'm sorry for the issues with your service and for the delay in getting back to you.

It looks like you're now back online but please just get back to us if you have any further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team