cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnections

diana86

Broadband disconnections

Hi,
I got a problems with my connection Smiley its suddenly drops 20-30 times per day, i have Pro Add On Sad but i cant play any games, big lattency, ddrops out Sad mb i do something wrong?
regards,
diana
20 REPLIES 20
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband disconnections

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about this. I'd advise taking a look at the faults troubleshooter here: http://faults.plus.net/ this will guide you through some basic checks first which are intended to help us rule out anything in your domain that might be a cause of the issue. Beyond that if there's still issues we can look at raising the issue with our suppliers. Either way I'm sure we can help you get this nipped in the bud.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wardio
Dabbler

I've been having disconnections since 09/1/12 when I started logging them. It happens every day and sometimes twice a day, although it's happened at least four times today. I installed PlusNet Assist but it only resolves the problem temporarily by asking me to unplug power to the router. One of it's favourites is to ask if the Broadband/DSL light is flashing or off. Well it's always on and steady! I'm using a Belkin F5D7634-4 G Wireless Modem Router and my pc is has a wire connection. The only wifi devices I use (and not all at the same time) are a netbook and a smart phone. This is really getting me down!
proghead

My connection drops several times a day. I've tried all the obvious things already - moved the router from an extension to the main phone box and tried different microfilters, but I don't have a spare router so I can't be sure it isn't that.
However, the only way I can resolve this each time it drops it is to wait until the Broadband light starts to flash, then rapidly and repeatedly press down on the button under the cradle on my phone until the Broadband light goes solid and the red Internet light goes on before turning to green.
I am therefore thinking this may be a problem with the phone line itself rather than a router/broadband problem - anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi proghead,
I see you started to raise a fault, but I would advise you to go back an complete the questions so that the faults team can start testing.
Jojo Smiley
diana86

broadband speed

Smiley hi all,
i have some problems with my broadband (not with router),when i start using plus.net broadband my download speed was 8-9 mbps Smiley not bad, very good, i was really happy with it Smiley BUT, since 1.02.2012 i got a trouble Smiley my speed falls down and know at the best time i have only 4 mb per second Sad , speed was cut on it half Sad  May be it is possible to get my speed back to 8mb?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have merged your latest post into your original thread for continuity.
Are you still getting multiple disconnections.
Can you post the information requested here as it may help explain what has happened http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
diana86

I am sorry but  all is good with my line and router, something wrong with your servers, before 01.02.2012  i got my Estimated line speed: between 8-12 mb, but now you change it between 5Mb and 8Mb
here is details from speedtest.net
http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?hd=01/25/2012&s=0
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Your post on the 27th Jan showed that everything was not good.
Quote from: diana86
Hi,
I got a problems with my connection Smiley its suddenly drops 20-30 times per day, i have Pro Add On Sad but i cant play any games, big lattency, ddrops out Sad mb i do something wrong?
regards,
diana

It is very likely that due to all those disconnections the default noise margin has been raised.
if you post the information requested we may have a better idea
diana86

Yep Smiley it was two days how i start using your broadband,was problems with latency and disconections, but all is going normal now, one problem is only my speed, why it cut off?
here is details about my DSL
DSL synchronization status Up 
DSL up time 1 Days 08:47:37 
Line Status
Help
Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 444
Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 4544
Line standard ADSL2+
Channel type Interleaved
Upstream SNR (dB) 23.8
Downstream SNR (dB) 6.1
Upstream interleave depth 1
Downstream interleave depth 352
Upstream line attenuation (dB) 15.3
Downstream line attenuation (dB) 32
Upstream output power (dBmV) 11.5
Downstream output power (dBmV) 0
Upstream CRC 50117
Downstream CRC 0
Upstream FEC 8007
Downstream FEC 0
in second row, you can see that  DSL up time is 1 day 08:47:37  , it looks  that you change my line profile 32 hours ago, (01.02.2012) and my speed breaks down since this date Sad can you return my old line profile please?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

At a rough guess from those figures you line has been banded.
Did you raise a fault as previously recommended
diana86

yep Smiley some days ago, fault checker dont find anything
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I have never seen an interleave depth reported as being that high which indicates that there was a serious problem
Do you have the router connected to the master socket or to an extension
diana86

master socket
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If possible I would suggest connecting to the test socket and hopefully a Digital Care Team Member will pick this up in the morning and remove the banding