cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnections

PhilB1
Dabbler

Broadband disconnections

Hi im having frequent broadband disconnctions. Plusnet sent a bt engineer out in jan17 as i was having similar problems, the engineer did say that the phone  line from the cabinet in the village to my estate has faults on. Several house in my cul de sac have similar issues with different phone providers so it seems to be an issue with the main line. Could someone help me as the quality of internet connection is getting poor and frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband disconnections

You may be unfortunate in your cul de sac to have aluminium cabling installed by BT  many years ago.

If enough residents keep complaining, they may move you up on their replacement cycle, but I gather

they're very reluctant to spend the money.

PhilB1
Dabbler

Inbetween my estate and the villiage is a new housing development of 300 houses that are going to be built so not sure if this would help with the line issues. We usually have bt on our estate at least 3 or 4 times a month on visiting different houses. its just getting frustrating with the frequent disconnections.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've been running diagnostics on our side and we're not seeing any obvious problems. I'd still advise reporting a fault over at http://faults.plus.net though

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team