cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband cutting out

Katietassell

Broadband cutting out

I've been with plus net for quite a while now and our internet has never worked consistently and it's really starting to become an issue.

When using Facebook for instance, I can click on a post and the comments don't load, or I can click on a page and it shows what the page is but none of the posts. When watching videos it pauses and buffers constantly, I then have to turn my wifi off for it to load and back on again!

The strange thing is, the router itself isn't showing any issues. But this has been going on for months!

Any ideas?Huh
16 REPLIES 16
Katietassell

Re: Broadband cutting out

I should add that it's the same on my partners phone, our Amazon stick and his PlayStation so it's not my phone!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

Is this just affecting Facebook alone or are there other apps on the devices that you've mentioned that are being problematic?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Katietassell

Hi Adam,

Other devises and apps are the same, my partners PlayStation can't go online as it keeps cutting out the games. And other apps such as My02 don't connect on the wifi either
Katietassell

Hi Adam,

It is other apps and devises as well. My partners playstation messes us when online to the point where he can't use it online anymore. And other apps on both of our phones also don't load, as well as our Amazon fire stick. It's definitely the wifi, I don't know if it's cutting out or whether it's the speed slowing down or something like that? Thank you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Are you able to test using a wired connection and let us know if that's any better?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Katietassell

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean, could you explain exactly what I need to do?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

A wired connection is where you'd connect a laptop or PC into the router using an ethernet cable.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

You'd need to plug a device, such as a PC directly into the router into one of the Ethernet (network) ports which can be a pain as you might need to move things around. This is to rule out it being your connection and some problem with the Wi-Fi.

Also you could try changing Wi-Fi channels to see if you notice any improvement. This will be in your router settings. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Katietassell

I'm just following up here, did you manage to try a wired connection?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aches345

We are having the same issue. Broadband cutting out on a regular basis on all devices regardless of applications in use.

Katietassell

Hi, I haven't had a chance yet as I've not been very well but I will try today or tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks
aches345

FYI you are not alone - we are having exactly the same problem on all devices regardless of applications in use. Connection on phone drops out even if no apps are in use. Sad

Tried calling helpline, but hung up after 20 mins on hold.

Katietassell

Wow that's not good! I've not called yet only posted on here as it was out of hours. Also we don't use the phone line so I can't comment on that but I imagine it would be bad too!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@aches345

Your issue is actually different as your physical connection is dropping:

I've reset your line to try to fix that. Can you let us know how things go within the next 24 hours?

Thanks,

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet