cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband cuts of whilst on phone

mccoll2u
Grafter

Broadband cuts of whilst on phone

i have had to put up with broadband speeds going up and down since joining i have been putting up with it but now i have noticed if my girlfriend uses the homephone whilst i am on the net or xbox i loose broadband any idea whats up
9 REPLIES 9
Vip3r
Grafter

Re: Broadband cuts of whilst on phone

Could be a faulty Microfilter (you have got a microfilter on each phone right?  ;))
Home wiring, or a problem at the cabinet / exchange.
wacky17
Grafter

Yup check your filters on the phone lines.
whelpton
Grafter

Hi mccoll2u,
Do you hear any crackling or pops when using the phone or if you run a quiet line test by calling 17070 (option 2)?
mccoll2u
Grafter

Hi changed the microfilters no success just dialed that number and yes there is a lot of noise on the line now
whelpton
Grafter

What I would suggest would be to connect your phone to the test socket by itself and run the quiet line test once again. If there is still noise on the line then it would need to be reported to our support team as a home phone fault.
mccoll2u
Grafter

yeah its still the same in the test socket in fact i was getting faint music it through it earlier so much so i could name the song so i guess that must be radio
whelpton
Grafter

Certainly unusual behaviour. Either a crossed wire problem or possibly some em interferance somewhere on the line.
I would strongly reccomend giving our support team a call who could run a check on the line to see if anything pops up. I would do this myself but I am out of office until monday.
knowdice
Rising Star

Quote from: mccoll2u
yeah its still the same in the test socket in fact i was getting faint music it through it earlier so much so i could name the song so i guess that must be radio

Sounds like your master socket is incorrectly wired, could be that an extension is wired to the input side of the master rather than the isolated side.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29