cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband constantly dropping out

iballsas
Grafter

Broadband constantly dropping out

Hi, not sure if anyone can help, I'm getting nowhere with the telephone help or website help.
We recently moved and have gone from fibre to normal broadband. We have a BT HH3 (the black curved one) which we used without issue in our previous house. We also used it in our new house for the first 3 weeks without issue. However, for the last week the broadband is constantly dropping out. The BT HH3 broadband light is constantly turning off, then goes through the process of reconnecting. Then sometimes it works for a couple of hours, sometimes minutes. The broadband then drops out again, and so on and so on.
Nothing has changed in the last week (ie no new equipment connected, new phones or anything like that). I've tried switching it off an on, disconnecting it, resetting it but the problem reoccurs shortly after.
Any help would be appreciated, it is driving me mad the constant loss of connectivity.
Regards
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Broadband constantly dropping out

I am not sure whether you already have but you need to raise an intermittent connection fault here https://faults.plus.net
iballsas
Grafter

Thanks oldjim, I'll give that a try.
Regards
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi iballsas,
We've got your Fault Report. Can you advise whether or not this has happened since you've moved over to ADSL? or was a similar issue evident on Fibre?
iballsas
Grafter

Hi, we didn't have the issue on fibre at our previous address. We also didn't have the issue for the first 3 weeks in our new property with ADSL. The issue only arose in the last week. Nothing had changed, nothing is new, just started happening.
Regards
PS and if someone can resolve the billing issue I'm currently having I would appreciate it.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that we've got an engineer booked in for tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed that gets sorted out for you.
With regards to your bill, I'll reply to Ticket: 86181442 within the next few moments for you.
iballsas
Grafter

Thank you Chris on both accounts. All clear now and understood.
iballsas
Grafter

Well the engineer came out and despite me having checked to confirm it wasn't our equipment, he spent several hours scratching his head and eventually blamed it on our equipment! He left telling us we should revert back to the original plusnet router provided and not the BT HH we were using. However, having set up the plusnet router we are still having the issue, if anything the issue is getting worse.
Trying to work this morning and I have had to revert to my wireless dongle because the drop outs on our home broadband are constant, it is unusable!
Please can someone help!!
Regards
iballsas
Grafter

Can anyone help? This is becoming increasingly frustrating and has become typical of what I've come to expect from PlusNet thus far.
Regards
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi iballsas,
I'm sorry to hear that the engineer was unable to locate a fault on the line and that the issue is still ongoing. I've reviewed the engineers notes who noted that your router was resetting itself when he visited and his testing was unable to locate a fault on the BT Network.
I can see that your connection has continued to drop out, and for this reason, we will need to arrange a further engineer visit for further investigation. Any ideas when you can be available?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: iballsas
... has become typical of what I've come to expect from PlusNet thus far.

Seems a tad unreasonable blaming PlusNET for BTOR's failure to locate and fix what is quite apparently a BT equipment fault.  Unless the engineer checked the line from the cabinet as well as from your premises, there is the possibility that a potential fault was not actually looked for.
Is there any noise on the line - dial 17070 option 2.
Can you please collect and post the data requested in the speed issues post at the top of this forum.?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

iballsas
Grafter

Chris,
An engineer anytime would be appreciated. My wife is generally at home so long as 24 hrs notice is provided.
Regards
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've booked you a further engineer visit in for tomorrow morning between 8am-1pm.