cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection upstream is misserable

plusnet1338

Broadband connection upstream is misserable

Hello,
after a switch from the Sagem com Router with minimalistic interface we have a TP-LINK router now setup at home.
The Sagem Router already delivered horrible speeds so I hoped the TP-LINK router would do a better job.
Now checking the router setup and being able to see connection details I see what causes all the problems:

SNR Margin :
Down 6.0 Up 29.2 db
Line Attenuation :
Down 13.1 Up 7.7  db
Data Rate :
Down 20796 Up 448  kbps
Max Rate:
Down 21852 Up 1313  kbps
CRC :
down 17 Up 0 
There must be something wrong with the connection of the line. Those settings sure cant be wrong. 448 kbps upload are horrendous especially with everything being cloud based.
I cant even use the internet while someone in the house is using VOIP/Skype. There surely must be something wrong with the setup of the line on PlusNet side. Syncing Pictures with iCloud or OneDrive totally block the network for everyone else in the house.
8 REPLIES 8
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband connection upstream is misserable

For some reason, PN still seem to provision ADSL connections with a 448k cap.  On request, they will uncap this and you should see a marked improvement.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Reputedly all automated orders are provided with uncapped US.
However manual orders (including setting changes) require lots of settings to be 'adjusted' because there is no way to get the BTw systems to default them to more sensible values.
One wonders why there is such a high number of manual orders being performed and why given the significant impact and consequential rework this is not getting changed with BTw?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnet1338

And who do I contact un uncap this and it surely shouldn't cost anything, right?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

try live chat
plusnet1338

Well unfortunately the live chat is greyed out for two days now 😮
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Their phone number is quite well hidden, but they normally answer pretty quick.  0800 432 0200   Don't give up in despair if the message gives an estimated wait time of an hour, it's done that for me a couple of times but in fact the call was answered in a minute or so.
Tony
adie:quote
plusnet1338

lets say I don't have a phone. still need to be able to contact them 😮
Especially with their advertising off great customer service Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Placing the order now, it should be 1 working day to complete.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.