cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection keeps dropping

outinthesticks
Grafter

Broadband connection keeps dropping

Over the last few weeks we are losing the broadband connection more and more often, now usually 2-3 times a day. Sometimes this is fixed by a router reset but not always. I've done the usual internal checks, master socket etc but the problem persists. For obvious reasons in the current environment with frequent Zoom conferences etc, this is becoming a big problem. Could you check the line/connection at your end? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Broadband connection keeps dropping

Hey @outinthesticks, sorry to hear about the connection. I've ran a line test to see if we can pick up on what the cause of these drops are. The line test didn't find an issue bar the Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) being set low. I've raised this to reflect the line needs better. I would monitor this over the next few hours for any further drops, if these continue you can raise a fault with us at faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
outinthesticks
Grafter

Thanks, it seems to be fine over the last 24 hours though the speed is dreadfully slow at times.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team