cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection dropped

nkshaw23

Broadband connection dropped

Hi,

Never had an issue before but my broadband dropped out this afternoon and now off for 2 hours. On the router, broadband light is flashing green and no internet light. 

Tried resetting / rebooting etc and connecting to router IP (couldn't connect). Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Thanks,

Nathan

4 REPLIES 4
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband connection dropped

Hi @nkshaw23 and welcome to our Community Forums.
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your services currently and after testing your connection I've detected and external line fault which looks to be behind your loss of connection currently. I have raised the fault up with our suppliers who have given us the standard 2 working day turn around time and estimated response time of 23/11/20 by 23:59. Keeping in mind this is the very latest an engineer would be out to investigate the issue and it could be resolved sooner. I've raised a fault ticket on your account and placed it on hold until the morning of 24/11/20 so our faults team can check to see if your issue has been resolved however if you are still seeing issues by Tuesday morning and haven't heard from our faults team feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up for you.
The fault ticket I've raised on your acocunt can be seen here.

nkshaw23

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response - I actually spoke to a colleague yesterday who has ordered an engineer to visit this morning. I am a bit wary if another engineer comes out afterwards and there might be a potential charge so is it possible to put the engineer you ordered on hold for the time being?

Thanks again,

Nathan 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @nkshaw23, thanks for getting back to me.
My apologies as I didn't see you had already had a broadband engineer arranged to come out when testing yesterday. I've cancelled the external engineer I raised yesterday in favour of the one out today. The engineer out today should be able to detect the external fault I picked up yesterday and hopefully get this resolved for us.
Let us know how it goes and if issues persist with the service there after.

nkshaw23

No problem - the engineer didn't arrive this morning so just chasing this up now.

Cheers,

Nathan