cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband completely down

matthewj

Broadband completely down

Hello,
My broadband connection has been completely down since about 2.30 yesterday afternoon. We were unaware that other customers had been having problems as reported online. It is down even on our desktop (wired connection) but also wirelessly. I have tried swapping out the microfilter for a spare one BT gave me when you sent them out before. I have also tried plugging the microfilter directly into the test socket. There appears to be no problem with the phone - the dialtone is normal. Can a staff member please run a test on the line.
Many thanks for any help you're able to give.
Matt
1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Broadband completely down

Thanks for getting in touch @matthewj

It looks like your router is trying to connect with an incorrect password which is why you're unable to get online.

Can you try resetting the router using the pinhole on the back in the first instance?

If you're still having issues after that please follow the steps below

1) Go to 192.168.1.254 in your browser and enter 'admin' as the username and the routers serial number (starts with CP and needs to be entered all in capitals)
2) Click on where it says 'Internet' under Broadband Connection and then click 'Disconnect'
3)Change the username to 'yourusername@plusdsl.net' and the password to your account password
4) Click connect

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team