cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband and phone "near death"!

Ngee
Dabbler

Broadband and phone "near death"!

Both broadband and phone line have been near unusable since the weekend.
Broadband and phone both plugged into master socket, I've swapped out the microfilter, and disconnected the phone to try and isolate the fault.
The phone line is very noisy, and the ADSL line is like a tired 33.6k modem Sad
I can't even run the BTW Performance Test at the moment - error #2032.  When I could (I little earlier) it was reporting download speed of 0.013 and upload speed of 0.000.  "Further diagnostics" option doesn't work either...
Various reboots of the modem haven't fixed it (unsurprisingly) and my current stats are:
Hardware Version:TD-W8970 v1 00000000
System Up Time:2 day(s) 01:46:26
DSL Line Status:Connected
DSL Modulation Type:ADSL_G.dmt
Annex Type:Annex A/L

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps)   448         3680
Max Rate (Kbps)         884         3744
SNR Margin (dB)       14           6.8
Line Attenuation (dB)    30           52.7
Errors (Pkts)               0             0
I have raised a fault ticket with plusnet (101730616) but have had nothing back, and this is driving me crazy...
Any ideas of what might be wrong and what I can do to fix it!!!!
6 REPLIES 6
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Broadband and phone "near death"!

Quote from: Ngee
The phone line is very noisy, and the ADSL line is like a tired 33.6k modem
The first is probably causing the second. Is PlusNet your phone supplier?
Ngee
Dabbler

Yep, they supply both.  The fault ticket relates to the phone line, since (like you) I assume the phone fault is killing the broadband.
I'm puzzled why/how the router is staying connected tho...
elkieluca
Grafter

I had no phone connection for 10 days but I still had 1 Mbps of broadband that worked the whole time.  So its possible.
KatC
Grafter

@ Ngee
I have updated your ticket via the member center. There are some basic checks we need you to carry out before we can book an appointment. I'm sure you've probably already done these but just to confirm. Once you have done this please respond to the ticket with your availability so we can raise this for you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

KatC,
Aside from helpful links in some forum member's sigs, how would users access the ticket system without guidance from CRT in the context of the links to the ticketing system having been removed from the portal?
Might I suggest that all CRT staff be asked to supply a link to the ticketing system when there is a need to refer a poster to tickets... or simply demand that those with the decision making powers make your life easier by providing a link to the ticketing system back in the portal.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Your comments have been noted @Townman.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team