cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband and internet line speed

stargazer8t6

Broadband and internet line speed

Once again I am suffering poor consistent line speed -  nothing has changed this end but this evening has been terrible almost as if there are thousands of other users competing for space - SOMETHING IS WRONG and needs sorting once and for all else I will have to seriously look for an alternative solution -all I ask for is consistent service PLEASE

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Broadband and internet line speed

From reading your other posts it appears that you consider 1.9Mbps as being good. This suggests that you are on the end of a very long line to the exchange. You must realise that maintaining decent performance in these circumstances is neither easy or directly in the gift of PlusNet. This potentially flaky connection is maintained by Openreach. All PlusNet can do is liaise with them if there is a hard fault and do some minor tweaking to improve performance if there is a temporary degradation on the line if it has recovered. However, PlusNet are not constantly monitoring your line.

If there is an alternative solution such as fibre, cable or even mobile data available then you should indeed look at the cost and performance of the alternatives. If however you are threatening to transfer to another ISP then you should be aware that all you will have is a different company liaising with Openreach who will still be responsible for this problematic connection.

One final piece of advice is that whilst PlusNet staffers do come along, and very good they are too when they do, this is mainly a self-help forum where other PlusNet customers will try to help those who fully describe their problems. Simply shouting that something is wrong precludes you from taking advantage of this experience.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Diagnostics have picked upon a line fault which will no doubt be impacting on your experience of broadband download speeds. I've raised that with our suppliers and we should be able to update you by the end of the day on the 8th. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lilyneverless

Ours this evening has dropped to 0.80mbps.....wow and this is the best they reckon we could get???

stargazer8t6

Thanks Baldrick1 - your comments are noted. You should also be aware that Plusnet's diagnostics have detected a fault on the line -suppliers now notfied and awaiting a fix -  tonight I have dropped from 129kbs to 86kbs download speed - though I agree it is not good to shout there come a time when getting attention is desperate. I hope your aspirations are realised in all respects.