cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband & phone Number Change.

oldgeezer
Grafter

Broadband & phone Number Change.

We recently had to change our BT phone number for personal reasons.
I raised a ticket to make PN aware and was told it might or might not affect my broadband.
In the event my broadband didn't seem to be affected. However about a week ago I discovered that I could only get a BT Speedtest result if I entered my OLD telephone number.
I questioned this again but was told that because my BB was still working there wouldn't be a problem.
I have noticed that my PN profile seems to be stuck on my previous 6Mb/s when my BT profile is almost 1Mb/s higher. I thought that the PN profiles should closely follow the BT ones ?
Is this in some way connected with the mix up with the phone number ?
Oldgeezer.
3 REPLIES 3
oldgeezer
Grafter

Re: Broadband & phone Number Change.

Well there you go !
Logged on this morning and it's shot up to 6.8 Mb/sec. Strangely all my speedtest results are still down in the 5000's and the BT Speedtest doesn't work with my new number.
If some-one at Plusnet Towers has done something then thank-you. If it's down to BT's automated systems then a big cyber thank-you.
Oldgeezer
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

speedtest results are stored as cookies on your computer
oldgeezer
Grafter

Those nice kind people at Plusnet Towers have given me the Service ID to enter in the BT Speedtest site and that works a treat.
I tried one more re-boot of my router and that bumped my download speed almost up to my PN & BT IP profile figure.
I'm a happy bunny  Smiley  Smiley