cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation.

grahamb22

Broadband activation.

I ordered my plus net broadband and phone line on the 7th. We were told that the engineer would be out on the 21st to install everything quite a while but we went with it. Then we got a call saying it would be the 21st for the line but the 24th for broadband last week and just this morning I got a text saying it would be the 31st until broadband is ready. I don't understand the hold up of this length is there anyway I can speed the process up as it's been a big wait already.
2 REPLIES 2
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Broadband activation.

It isn't clear whether you are migrating from another ISP or 'starting from scratch'.  I think there is a regulatory requirement to allow time for your previous provider to write to you saying they have been notified of your migration; presumably in order to stop someone else signing you up with a new ISP.  This would account for the initial 'delay' of 14 days.  You would still be able to use your old service until the migration takes place.

I can't comment on the subsequent delays, but I suppose it depends on where you live, and the amount of work involved (whether this would, or should, have been predictable at the time of ordering is another matter).  Again, your old service should still be up and running until the 31st.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Broadband activation.

Welcome to the community forums @grahamb22

Looking over your account I can't see that we ever advised the broadband would be active by 24/10/16. However we did advise the following:

Within 24 working hours of the phone line activation (by 24th Oct) we can then place your broadband order, which will take a further 4-5 working days to complete.

4-5 working days from 24/10/16 would give a broadband activation date of the 28th/31st and I can see your order is committed for 31/10/16.

I hope this clears things up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet