cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation

And1Split

Broadband activation

Hello,

My connection was supposed to be activated by Yesterday (27th) at midnight and as of today, Internet is still not working.

The phone line is active so no problem on that side.

Symptoms are a Orange bar with the flashing red b sign which I believe indicates that there is a problem with the broadband.

Could someone confirm if the line as been activated or if there is an issue on this side?

Thank you in advance.

Please make me proud! Wink

Best regards.

7 REPLIES 7
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Broadband activation

Good Morning, 

your line is showing as active with BT Wholesale and ourselves, you shouldn't have any issues however tests cannot detect your router being connected to the socket, if you are using a microfilter I would suggest trying a new one, also testing via the test socket would also be advisable.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

And1Split

Hello,

Thanks for coming back to me.

My partner was at home and tried different socket in the house without success and left the hub unplugged, she confirmed that it is now plugged and on.

Could you please verify if you can detect the hub now?

Thanks.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Thanks for checking that out, as of yet I can see no requests from your router to login to our network and performing a line test with BT Wholesale is still showing no modem is detected as connected and powered on.

It may be best to try using the test socket once you are home and I can check things further then, just reply here and I can check things out.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately it's still testing as out of sync, meaning we can't see anything connected to the line. Would it be possible to describe how the router is connected to the socket? Does the socket have 2 ports (one for phone, one for fibre), is there another filter in use?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
And1Split

Hello,

Thanks for your help, I tried on another socket (a double instead of a single) in the house and it is now working. So there are no problem on the line.

That being said, I'm not sure to understand how come it doesn't work on the other one as the telephone is plugged on that one and it works fine.

Is there a specific wiring for the broadband that would explain that the phone work but not the broadband? Could it be the filter?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sounds like the double is the master socket and when that was installed the extensions were partly disconnected, or wired incorrectly in to the main socket.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

or that the master socket is a filtered one and the extensions are therefore all filtered. Hence the phone will work if connected to them BUT but not a router...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.