cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation.

paddyb

Broadband activation.

Hi there,
i live in a new build house, I have had my engineer visit (17th july), ive had my router delivered (20th july).
I recieved a text saying that my broadband activation would be by midnight on the 25th july.  Cry
I had been told on the phone that the router would be delivered a day or two before activation, but no activation conformation text yet...
I have also read in several place that the engineer visit date could be the activation date.
maybe im just a little impatient but i does feel like its taking a while.
Any info or help would be muchly appreciated, thanks.
paddy.
15 REPLIES 15
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband activation.

Hi there,
It's all in hand and will definitely activate on the 25th, if not the day before. Just confirmed that myself by checking the order.
Hope that reassures you.
paddyb

Thanks  Smiley  Is there a chance it could be  activated sooner? ive been without internet for some time. I know thats not your fault but I was wondering whats stopping it from happening already? Thank you.
paddyb

Hello?  Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's unlikely as that's the install date from our suppliers.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
paddyb

Oh? I thought plusnet were the suppliers?  Undecided who are the suppliers?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The suppliers are BT Openreach
What work has actually taken place at your house?  I'm assuming you've had a new line installed?  Is this as far as they've got so you're due another visit to have the faceplate changed for BT to complete the jumpering in the cabinet for VDSL?
paddyb

There's already a bt open reach socket in place. The openreach engineer said something along the lines of someone already having been there. So he disappeared for 10 minutes to a box or something. Came back, finished the test, said everything was good and that normally the router arrives the same day if not before and that it should be ready to go. But I havent had a confirmation text yet from plusnet saying the broadband was activated.
Thank you.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Is it a Fibre(FTTC) installation ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paddyb

Nope. Standard broadband.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

So the BT engineer was just connecting the phone line then ?
For normal ADSL the BT engineer only needs to go to the exchange to connect the broadband.
You could always try connecting the router, using the supplied filter, and see if the Broadband light comes on, its not going to do any harm.
If the light is on (steady), as opposed to flashing, then your BB may be active, in which case you might be able to get PN to activate your account early.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paddyb

Mybroadband is a steady green. Im in a que at the moment. I hope they can activate it.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

You may find that the CSC staff might not want to activate it as they may not be certain if the BT routing is complete yet, depends on how experienced they are. If you don't get sorted out then I'm sure one of the PlusNet DCT (Digital Care Team) staff who frequent this forum ( but only 9-5 ) will help out tomorrow.

paddyb

success! internet is working  Cheesy
Thankyou MisterW
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Glad to hear it Smiley