Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation - new customer

Ukratty75
Dabbler

Broadband activation - new customer

Good evening all!
I am a new customer to plusnet and had my phone line activated a few days ago. With previous companies our broadband has been activated at the same time - I was wondering how long the wait is usually for with plusnet?
Eager to watch Luther tonight on iPlayer  Smiley
Thanks for any assistance!
9 REPLIES 9
Ukratty75
Dabbler

Re: Broadband activation - new customer

Received an email stating it's going active on the 22/12/15.. Considering we first ordered it over two weeks ago this seems a little excessive to wait?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm just looking in to this now but it seems that the delay was due to the previous provider placing a cease on the line, this means we had to wait for that to complete before we could place our orders.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

This is a bit more involved than it initially seemed.
The phone order is showing as complete, but somehow 2 separate broadband orders have been placed, both as simultaneous orders (which they shouldn't be now as the phone order has already completed) and both broadband orders have gone in to a delayed state due to no matching phone order.
So at the moment I can't commit to a date for your broadband going live as we're going to have to untangle this and possible place a new broadband order (once these have been cancelled off).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Further update.
I've placed cancellation requests for the incorrect orders, at the moment we need to wait for these to complete and then place a correct order after. There's also a further complication in that the records for your line don't seem to have updated, so I've sent a request through for this too.
Once we have more info we'll get back to you, really sorry for the confusion here.
Ukratty75
Dabbler

That's OK! Thank you for your help Chris
Chris
Legend

Right, looks like there was a 3rd order in place that I hadn't found. That order is fine and was placed correctly, so it's due to complete on the 21st.
Ukratty75
Dabbler

Great, thanks Chris. Will keep an eye on the router today
Ukratty75
Dabbler

I got texted around 2pm to confirm the job was complete on the broadband connection. Now home and still can't connect with my plusnet login details - starting to get a little frustrated!
Chris
Legend

Hi there,
I can see that you're now online after manually setting up the router. Let us know if you have any queries we can help with.