cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation date passed and not getting any information

fenbyt

Broadband activation date passed and not getting any information

Me and my partner recently moved in together after living at home and so we needed broadband set up from scratch, no switching or anything. We set up everything over two weeks ago and were given an activation date of Friday 8th. (This was actually longer than the plusnet site said it would be!). Friday has been and gone and we don't have broadband or any contact from plusnet whatsoever. I've logged a support ticket but all that's happened is its been "escalated". I just rang the helpline, was on hold for 20 minutes and when I did get through was told they couldn't speak to me as the account is in my partners name. Knowing the username and password didn't help. So now I am very frustrated with them, as the setup is late and plusnet have not been helpful or communicative at all. I have no idea what is holding our order up and hoped that someone here would be able to help.
I also couldn't find any way yo add or authorise my own name on the account, is this possible? At least then I could talk to someone.
13 REPLIES 13
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Broadband activation date passed and not getting any information

have you checked the order status page on the user portal?
that will tell you the current status of the order.
and yes, it is normal for any business to only speak to the account holder regardless as to whether you know the user/pass.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To add your own name as an authorised contact just raise a ticket on the account
fenbyt

Okay, I've raised a ticket to be added but it says the average wait time is over 43 hours so not as easy as hoped. Tongue The order status is "checking your line".
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you want to check with the CSC they should be able to see the ticket authorising you as a contact and act upon it.
However that status might mean they would have to refer the enquiry to the provisioning team which probably means waiting until Monday. The Digital Care Team staff who respond in the forums will also be here then.
Are there any closed tockets or service notices on the account which give any more information? You can find those by going here, setting an appropriate date range (eg last 30 days)  and clicking Go.
David
fenbyt

Doesn't seem to be anything relevant in past tickets. My partner called this morning and was told they have to contact their suppliers and will hear back from them in 24-48 hours. Starting to get very annoyed with plusnet, we really need internet access and its clearly going to be a while before we get it. More communication on what exactly is causing a delay would be nice, too.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi fenbyt,
There has been a problem with some of the exchange equipment which has caused a delay to your order unfortunately. I have been in touch with our suppliers who have advised that this exception will be cleared within the next 48 hours. I have requested a free of charge expedite, which has been accepted by our suppliers to get you connected ASAP.
I'll keep you updated on the progress with this and I'll let you know once I have an update for you.
fenbyt

Thank you very much for the help and information! I feel much better now I have an idea of what's going on. Smiley
fenbyt

I got an email today saying "Our suppliers have advised your order is now progressing as expected. They have also agreed to fast track the completion date as you have already been waiting too long. We will check back on your order later and we will have a date of completion, we expect this to be around 24 working hours after the request is submitted", which I took to mean our order would be completed soon, but today we were given an activation date of the 19th which is obviously longer than we were told! So again, not sure what's going on.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Sorry for the information you've been provided. I can confirm that we are expecting, and our suppliers have confirmed that the order is due to complete by the end of the day tomorrow. I will check back tomorrow and I'll let you know once the order has completed.
fenbyt

Still not got internet. We've been told it should be here by the end of the day but this is the third time we've heard this now so we're not hopeful!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi fenbyt,
Sorry for the lack of communication on this. Your order has now completed, if you could connect up your router, you should be able to connect.
fenbyt

Thanks so much for all the help! Despite the trouble everyone we've spoken to has been very friendly and helpful. Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all - it's the least we can do! Smiley