Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband absolutely crawling!!!!

mattprince
Grafter

Broadband absolutely crawling!!!!

Hi,
My broadband is absolutely crawling. I normally get 33-35mb down and 6-7 up and I'm getting 4-5mb down and 3-4mb up. Its been like this since dinner time. Ive reset my router twice to try and resolve it but no joy. The plus net service status is showing nothing wrong. Any ideas?
Matt
10 REPLIES 10
mattprince
Grafter

Re: Broadband absolutely crawling!!!!

Ive also done a test on btwholesale and it came up the same slow speed.
mattprince
Grafter

Anyone?
logindukas82
Grafter

actualy i'm in same boat,befor come to plusnet i was whit o2,and i have a stable ADSL+ speed down 10.5Mbps and uo 1.05Mbps
2day morning when i get fiber instaled was geting between 35-45Mbps,then after replac new tplink router speed was around 72Mbps whitsh is near the estimate,but now its less then whit o2....its arround 2.5-4 Mbps and uload arround 16-17Mbps...so just waiting till 2morow morning,then maybea some one from PL have look at it....
ScottJames
Grafter

Hmmmm seems to be a lot of this just lately with slow speed! Is this normal for plusnet?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately at this time of year there tends to be more faults due to the wet and windy weather causing problems on the network, it's the same with any ISP. Have you all reported your issues to us?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mattprince
Grafter

Its back to normal speed now. I think it was slowed down on purpose tbh as its always at night it happens. Can you tell me the link to file a report as can't find it on the website.
Matt
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, it's at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mattprince
Grafter

SAME AGAIN!!!! This is unacceptable. I NEED my broadband, hence why i paid the extra and went fibre. Its currently downloading at 2.3mb , a far cry from the 47mb i was promised , and the 38mb I've had to settle with. Despite me complaining, despite promises galore at sorting it out , its just not stable.
I was told its not the speed that they promise , but the service. Good honest broadband??? NOT EVEN CLOSE!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I can see you've raised a fault now, our team will get on that and get back to you as soon as they can. I hope it's sorted soon for you.
englishrick
Grafter

He is on the same exchange as me and I am getting the same problem......
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122054.16.html