Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Your Way

Dan29
Dabbler

Broadband Your Way

Hi all
I'm currently on Metronet PayGo and want to move to Plusnet Broadband Your Way. Two questions:
- Surely there must be a way of doing this that isn't as complicated as moving between two unrelated ISPs?
- I seem to currently have a static IP address. Will I be able to select dynamic after the move?
Thanks
Dan
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband Your Way

- Surely there must be a way of doing this that isn't as complicated as moving between two unrelated ISPs?

Well... they are related, but I see your point. Unfortunately as yet we haven't implemented an easy transfer, though it is free and shouldn't take more than a day - if you create a new pay-as-you-go dialup account on the plusnet site, then create a ticket on there referencing your metronet username (and a corresponding ticket on your metronet account) we'll place the modify order and advise when your new acount is ready to connect to. There'll be no loss of service from your point of view.
- I seem to currently have a static IP address. Will I be able to select dynamic after the move?

Absolutely, in fact the BBYW accounts have a dynamic IP by default.
Hope this helps,
Dan29
Dabbler

Quote from: orbrey
Unfortunately as yet we haven't implemented an easy transfer, though it is free and shouldn't take more than a day - if you create a new pay-as-you-go dialup account on the plusnet site, then create a ticket on there referencing your metronet username (and a corresponding ticket on your metronet account) we'll place the modify order and advise when your new acount is ready to connect to. There'll be no loss of service from your point of view.

Excellent, thanks for your superfast response. Ideally I was hoping that there would be an "upgrade" button hidden somewhere, but I'm sure I can follow the instructions you've given  Smiley
At least I don't have to get a MAC from Metronet to give to Plusnet!  Wink
Thanks again
Dan
James
Grafter

Actually, having said that.  It's probably easier to do it by placing an order on the PlusNet website and by getting a MAC Key (which I can help you out with).
Migrations are currently free.
http://www.plus.net/switch
Dan29
Dabbler

Quote from: James
Actually, having said that.  It's probably easier to do it by placing an order on the PlusNet website and by getting a MAC Key (which I can help you out with).
Migrations are currently free.
http://www.plus.net/switch

Will do. Could you e-mail me a MAC key please?  Smiley
James
Grafter

If you raise a ticket on your account, I will be more than happy to do so.
https://portal.metronet.co.uk/contact_us.html is your friend.
Dan29
Dabbler

Doing it now. Cheers.
James
Grafter

Just replied to your ticket.  You should see your MAC Code now, which you'll be able to use when placing an order with us.