Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Your Way Pro

fredor
Grafter

Broadband Your Way Pro

In the description of 'Broadband Your Way Pro' is the following:-
"Need a broadband connection that stays fast and reliable, all day, every day? Broadband Your Way Pro is given the highest priority on our network, so even at busy times, your traffic won't slow down."
In my case I can sync at 8182kbps during OFF-PEAK times but the during PEAK times the 'Errored Seconds' increase at the speed is not sustainable. Would this not happen with 'Broadband Your Way Pro' or is it when it claims "a stable and reliable connection" just sales talk.
I believe I am 3.5km from the exchange and attenuation is 41Db. At the moment, my minimum SNR is set at 6Db although I asked on the 30th Jan for this to be increased to 9Db. It appears PlusNet are having problems getting this changed.
I don't see how 'Broadband Your Way Pro' can improve this but I would be interested in knowing.
The other question on the horizon is '21CN'. What effect will this have on stability? I believe my area is due for conversion later this year.
8 REPLIES 8
scootie
Grafter

Re: Broadband Your Way Pro

im not a big broadband techy but i think that it has nothing to do with your sync speed as that is your line to the exchange that rules that.
im on option 1 so any one on pro there data would take priortiy over my data but that is all only controled when at plus net once at the exchange i dont think plus net have much controll on how fast  your data is recevied.
but i wouldnt take my word on that im sure  plus net staff will give u a concrete answer soon
Jovetic
Grafter

When ti works, it is pretty consistent, although if your exchange has a high population your speed will suffer slightly.
James
Grafter

Hi Fredor,
Moving to BBYW Pro will not have any impact on the physical line conditions.  It's just a different pricing model with enhanced traffic prioritisation.
I'm surprised that you're able to get sync speeds that high given the distance you are from the exchange.
I don't expect 21CN to have any impact on improvement in stability.
I'll have a look at your ticket now.
fredor
Grafter

Many thenks for your reply.
Other than download limits and VOIP allowance, I take it BBYW Pro has no advantages over PAYG which I am on now.
James
Grafter

That's pretty much correct.
If you were to move to Pro however, you would be entitled to a free (barring P&P charges) 4 port wireless router if you remained with us for a further 12 months.
fredor
Grafter

Thanks Jameseh but I have a good router. It was the stability I was interested in.
It seems the sync speed and 'ES' etc are something between me and BT.
I was surprised to find I can switch in and out of the RIN trial without loss of sync and presumably with no change in ES.
On the question of SNR margin which I asked to be raised from the 6Db min to 9Db. It appears this request has been returned from BT because there is no fault. There is no fault because I deliberately raise the SNR to ca. 12Db each time I reboot the router. The system is stable at this level and usually runs for weeks without rebooting. Recently, however, on a couple of occasions it has rebooted itself and left me with an unstable system running at ca. 8000kbps and I don't find out until it's not possible to connect to the internet.
This is why I asked the min SNR to be increased to 9Db. Ideally I would like it to be 12Db but the the IP Profiling could be a problem if the system rebooted during PEAK periods and left me with low download speeds for a few days.
James
Grafter

Hi Fredor,
Did you see my update to your ticket earlier?
fredor
Grafter

Yes I understand the change to 9Db has been re-requested.
Many Thanks.