Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Your Way Pro

waynepyrah
Grafter

Broadband Your Way Pro

Hi all,
Currently on legacy Premier plan
I'm looking at the above as an option to improve my speeds at peak times, I use P2P mainly at night but sometimes want to download something quickly like at TV episode at peak time 6-8pm ish which crawls down.
Would BBYWPro solve this problem.  If so would I be able to keep the fax number and domains associated with my account ?
Also In the case of me not being happy with speeds could I revert back to my current product (again keeping the fax number and domains)
Thanks, Wayne
8 REPLIES 8
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Broadband Your Way Pro

Assuming that your connection is otherwise capable of fast peak-time speeds (i.e. your exchange isn't running out of capacity), then yes, BBYW Pro will give you full speed on everything.
You will be able to keep your fax number and domains.
Should you not be happy with BBYW Pro for any reason though then you can ask one of the Comms Team nicely and they should be able to put you back on Premier.
One thing to consider though: BBYW Pro has shorter off-peak (i.e. 'free') hours of 12-8am, rather than 12am-4pm on Premier. So bear that in mind if you tend to use a lot of bandwidth between 8am and 4pm on your Premier account.
Hope that helps.
waynepyrah
Grafter

Thanks Thomas - looking @ http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Halifax&exact=442 all seems ok there...
Think I'll give it a go and see how I get on especially if I can revert back!
Whats the quickest way to get this done ?
Cheers, Wayne
waynepyrah
Grafter

Cheers have logged the ticket...
Weird thing is it said the customer wants to downgrade ?!?
puddy
Grafter

changing account plans to BBYW will not give you full speed all the time.
Its still the same connection same line same bandwidth  same exchange heavy use so slow between 4pm to midnight on any account its not a magic pill.
changing to BBYW gives you 8 hours less off peak browsing per day including weekends day off during the week bank holidays thats 56 hours per weeks 2912 hours a year
puddy Grin
waynepyrah
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
Assuming that your connection is otherwise capable of fast peak-time speeds (i.e. your exchange isn't running out of capacity), then yes, BBYW Pro will give you full speed on everything.
You will be able to keep your fax number and domains.
Should you not be happy with BBYW Pro for any reason though then you can ask one of the Comms Team nicely and they should be able to put you back on Premier.
One thing to consider though: BBYW Pro has shorter off-peak (i.e. 'free') hours of 12-8am, rather than 12am-4pm on Premier. So bear that in mind if you tend to use a lot of bandwidth between 8am and 4pm on your Premier account.
Hope that helps.

Fax to mail seems to have gone from control panel
How do I see this now?
By the way BBYW Pro seems to have made a huge difference so far, true test will be tomorrow night 6-8.  Its a shame the off-peak hours are so small though now.
Be3G
Grafter

I suspect something's gone awry with your product change - I have heard of this happening before. Best get in touch with PN ASAP so they can restore Fax2email for you (hopefully with the same fax number).
James
Grafter

Wayne,
Could you possibly PM me your username?
I'll then be able to pass your ticket through to Networks, asking them to reinstate your Fax to Email access.
James
Grafter

Wayne,
I've managed to locate your account with nothing short of sheer powers of deduction (Mark told me) and I've raised a ticket through to Networks to reinstate your Fax2Email access.