cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Useage...

Gildersleeve
Grafter

Broadband Useage...

I'd be lost without my internet and computers but equally I am on a limited income, always afraid what the future may hold(who isn't)I pay my phone line in advance. I have been with PlusNet perhaps 6-7 years approx. When I started it was a limited useage package. But for quite some time I have been on an unlimited package. I don't download movies, don't watch a lot of TV/You Tube online and any games are the simple kind on Facebook. I'd guess I use Twitter the most.

I've been told many times stop worrying about your useage, use it and enjoy but once in a while I do. I don't want to take at advantage or be blacklisted, This month I seem to have used 12.39GB...January seemingly it was 98.5GB February 62.23GB March 46.36GB. I hear of families who have many devices going and they're all online practically 24/7. So some advice, reassurance would be welcome. Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Broadband Useage...

You aren't trying

I am a relatively low user but I am approaching 200GB per month most months largely due to Samknows testing

Mav
Fixes: 514

Many have been known to use in excess of a TB.

I regularly use well of 500GB so I really wouldn't worry.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @Gildersleeve, I'd like to also add to the reassurance, if you' re on an unlimited Plusnet service you'll definitely never be 'punnished' or 'blacklisted' for high usage.  I'm probably fairly typical with usage around 200 to 300 GB per month, as mentioned, some use a lot more.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Gildersleeve
Grafter

I'd like to have replied to all who have responded at once but individually I'd be repeating myself. Thank you. I'm amazed how things have changed over the years and my own time using a computer. I'm not really sure how long that is.

Must be at least 10 years...I've had access where after two hours you'd be kicked off. Limited data each month too.

Three ISP's. One was a sister company of Plusnet but I've been happy here and probably been with Plusnet over six years.

So much more is done these days...streaming of music(to avoid purchasing CD's, TV/movies etc...online so I guess my useage is minimal. I don't even own a smartphone with internet access.

I don't think I could afford that on top of my main use at home and being older and single I receive few calls unless they are nuisance calls. By the same token I make few if any calls either.

I try to be fair though, I still tend to access overnight.

Cheers again.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just to add my 2p worth, you've nothing to worry about, just use it as you want, when you want Wink