cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Usage

Cocanuta

Broadband Usage

Hello, I was last billed on the 6th of septermber, i have been a plus net customer for over a year now and had no problems, it is a great service. In the past i have noticed my peek usage is used up extremly quickly even tho all i do is use Xbox Live and browse the net, i try to keep downloading away from peek time. In the past i have ignored this, but now that i have 8mb and i am still being restricted this early into the billing month, it is begining to get on my nerves.
Another point i would like to make, is that i was actualy away from home at the begining of the billing month and i did not return till a week ago. My Computer was turned off during this time, though my router was still active, i understand background noise can cause some usage, but only a few KB, not GB's.
I have used nearly 5Gb in a week during peek time, and i cannot belive playing a game for a few hours a night can rack up that amount of usage in such a short time.
Something else i would like to make note of, is that now i am on 8mb, i still get restricted to a rediculous speed meening playing on xbox live is extremly 'laggy' and i drop from matches allot.
Is there any reason i get restricted this amount, and what reason would i be using this amount of usage in such a short time. Keeping in mind nothing should have been downloaded for the first 5-7 days of the month.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers.
2 REPLIES 2
Emma
Grafter

Re: Broadband Usage

Hmmm do you use a wireless connection and if so is it secure? Any when you say you now have 8Mb do you mean 8Gb (Option 2 BBYW)
Background noise should only be a few Kb's. If you PM me your username I'll have a quick peek at your account and check the usage and see if that sheds any light.
Thanks
James
Grafter

Re: Broadband Usage

Hi there,
I'd be very surprised if it were background traffic, all your peak usage appears to be in HTTP.  Granted all of your off peak is in P2P, but that'll be expected.  Looks like it was mainly last Saturday and Monday, if that helps to identify the situation at all?