cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Up And Down

sambino

Broadband Up And Down

For the last few days my broadband keeps slowing down or dropping off completely. A reboot of the router sometimes helps or its off for a while and comes back on.
Anyone else had issues.
The broadband fault reporter is also not working it says its down for maintenance when I try and report a fault.
Its up now but had been down for a couple of hours before.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband Up And Down

Some of the errors I'm seeing on our RADIUS logs are a bit odd. Can you check your settings in your router and ensure that it's set to get the IP address automatically from provider and is not set to use Static IP.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sambino

Hi Chris
Yes all set to automatic. I do have a static IP with yourselves but router is set to automatically be allocated
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi,
Welcome to the forums.
Can you please follow the guidance in the speed issues thread and gather the requested information and post it back here.
Is there noise on the line?  Dial 17070 option 2 using a cored phone in the master socket.
Is the router in the master socket?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sambino

Hi
Info as requested whilst looking for the information the Noise margin downstream went to a large number and cut me off again 
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 14873 kbps 883 kbps
Line Attenuation 21 db 4.5 db
Noise Margin 6 db 11 db
Download speedachieved during the test was - 12.08 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 13.12 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.59Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
Estimated line speed:16Mb (This may vary between 15Mb and 18.5Mb)  - Checked on 2015-03-11 16:11:45Current line speed:13.1 Mb
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Your connection logs look a little odd.
Do you generally leave the router on all the time (except for quick reboots)?
What is the broadband light doing when you have problems?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi,
SNRM going to a high number is not going to lead to you being cut off - it going to zero will certainly cause that!!
The reported synch rate is around 5Mbps lower than it might be for the line's attenuation.  Is the router plugged into the master socket?  Is there noise on the line?  Dial 17070 option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the master socket.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Unless the large noise margin number is something like 2147483647 in which case it's really a negative number being displayed incorrectly. The upstream line attenuation figure is probably also incorrectly being displayed as half the actual value. What router is it? A Netgear DG834(G) v1-v3?