Grafter

Broadband Still Dropping Out after Engineer Visit

I've noticed that my broadband is still dropping out

19 REPLIES 19
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Calculate Early Termination Fee

@Aa65 I would suggest that you create your own topic in the Fibre board with a few more details - having in 'My account' on an unrelated thread doesn't help visibility.

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @Aa65

I'm really sorry to hear that your connection is dropping and for the hassle that it is causing you. I have run a test and its not flagging up an external cause, but looking at the image below we know that something is causing the drops. 

Can you go through the steps here and come back to me with how you get on. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broadband Still Dropping Out after Engineer Visit

Moderators Note

This topic has been split off into its own topic.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Aa65
Grafter

Still not working properly
jab1
Legend

@Aa65 Have you followed @SammyM 's request for running the tests? If you want a second opinion: 

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
jab1
Legend

@Aa65 Have you followed the suggestions posted by @SammyM ?

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Post released from spam filter. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Aa65
Grafter

Yes. Done all the tests. Engineer came out and said the home set up was fine and that it was probably a line in/on the road and he would inform open reach.
This was after Plusnet email said they had run tests that showed no external problems.
Now have received an email from Plusnet telling me that the fault has been resolved
jab1
Legend

OK. In that case, can you follow my suggestions in post #6 please?

John
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"This was after Plusnet email said they had run tests that showed no external problems."

Exactly the same from my experience and 4 x OR visits. PN just seemed to wash their hands of any problems and/or obligations. Computer says no.

Left PN and the fault followed my service. New provider had it sorted within a week! Yes, there was an external line fault.

Aa65
Grafter

How do I add screenshot please
Aa65
Grafter

Sounds very familiar. Who is your new provider please
jab1
Legend

@Aa65 wrote:
How do I add screenshot please

Which browser are you using?

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Aa65, thanks a lot for keeping us in the loop on here and I'm really sorry to see that your line continued to look quite intermittent, even after the latest Qube engineer visit. 

I'd like to raise this with Openreach, so I've re-opened the ticket / complaint on your account with the problem ongoing. 

If you could pop a quick response on there as to when you'd be free for an engineer visit, we'll get that arranged for you. Smiley 

Saying that, I also wonder whether the router you have is the source of the issues at the moment, I think it'd definitely be worth arranging a replacement to be sent out first, would you be happy with that? 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds