cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speeds after BT line fix

neilanderfall

Broadband Speeds after BT line fix

Hi Plusnet Community,

I'm posting on behalf of my elderly parents who have been with plusnet broadband 10+ years and have recently encountered speed issues to the point where their connection is unusable

In summary, their line was recently repaired by BT (external to their address) as there was a lot of noise on the line when making calls (crackling, distortion etc). BT mentioned that broadband speeds may be affcted by the fix and to contct Plusnet if speeds did not improve over a few days. Its now been apprximatley a weeks since the fix

Their routers statistics is currently showing transfer rates of 282kbps down and 444kbps up for the connection so you can imagine how painful it is to access any website/content. 

I have gone through Plusnets AutoBot text troubleshooting and this can shown no immediate faults on the line. 

BT wholessale speed test is a no go as websites are not loading at the current conenciton rate.

Any advice would be greatley appreciated as at the moment their connection is unusable

I've attached the full router connection statiscis log for futher info.

Thanks

-Neil

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband Speeds after BT line fix

@neilanderfall Welcome to the forums. I assume the noise on the phone line is now sorted?

The horrible figures (nearly all of them) are the result of the phone noise, contrary to what you were told by BT, and it appears there is something else at play here, because with the phone fault fixed, you would expect the broadband to recover to near the attainable.

The SNR margins clearly indicate there is still a major issue around, somewhere - 25.2dB on downstream is ridiculous given the reported attenuation, and the U/S also looks out of sync, but is less of a concern.

The auto-bot has clearly told a pack of lies, but with your parents connection as severely compromised as it is, I'm afraid you are going to have to wait for one of the Help team to pick this up, both to determine the reason for the HIGH SNR and the obvious severe banding which has been applied.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

John
neilanderfall

thanks @jab1 for the detailed response! Yes the noise on the line is now fixed but would I think they would rather have a noisely phone and working broadband as my Dad is struggling without Netflix haha

I'll wait for the Help team to respond and hopefully we can track the faut down Smiley

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK, Neil - I'll keep my eyes on this and if the Help Team haven't picked it up Wednesday morning (I'm away tomorrow), I'll see if I can give it a kick.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @neilanderfall, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear about the issues that your parents are having on their line. I'll be more than happy to have a look into where things are going wrong here. I'm just going to need some account details. 

Would you mind pinging across a PM confirming your parent's account username? Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@neilanderfall Just in case you are having trouble sending a PM you need to have made a few posts (could be 3 or a few more ) before you are allowed to send one.