cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed and Router

picbits
Rising Star

Re: Broadband Speed and Router

@pandora1 - maybe start your own thread with your issues and we can try and help you on the forum.
The reason you may have been asked to try an ethernet cable is to rule out any potential issues with conflicting wireless channels etc.
Have a read at the top of the forum about how to get your router stats and pop them up on a new thread so we don't clutter Rookeys thread with your isses.
pandora1
Dabbler

Hi
Sorry if i am cluttering up the page but i thought this was a topic, i do not know how to open a new one never been on here before again sorry
picbits
Rising Star

No problem - we all have to start somewhere Smiley
I'll reply to your new post in a minute Smiley
rookey
Grafter

I am very happy with my speed I been getting since we had a line reset so I am happy about this now
But is it normal to have a Drop connection as just looked at my router stats and it been live 22 hours.. so it had a drop and I know it did the other day too...
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

A drop every now and then is fine, you might notice a drop overnight as this is when BT do planned maintenance on their network.
rookey
Grafter

Thanks Chris for clarifying this...
But speed wise it back to how I like it Smiley So my request for the Line Reset certainly did the trick as after I ask you to do it it works.  When you though it wouldn't make a difference I guess it hit and miss
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It really his hit and miss to be honest. It really depends on what DLM decides to do.