Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed and Router

rookey
Grafter

Broadband Speed and Router

Ok Folks
My Broadband speed has dropped again Sad We got it to the right stable speed after a couple of weeks of trouble when I got moved over to 21CN first couple of week was terrible then it got stabilised now it back to square one.
Ive done test with 2 of Plus Net routers and new filter into the Test socket of my BT line and still not how it should be.
Are plus net Router the trouble... I hope plus net can sort this out for me...
One thing I just remember is that i referred my next door neighbour to plus net and I think ever since they got connected to them my speed dropped...
111 REPLIES 111
rookey
Grafter

Re: Broadband Speed and Router

Poor poor poor
5 this morning it was 9mb and still is should be getting 17mb. Even worse upload was 34
picbits
Rising Star

Can you post your full router stats up ?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@rookey - I can see you're commenting on this on Twitter as well as here, It'd be easier to keep everything all in one place, so I'll do what I can to help on here.
I've checked your line and everything seems absolutely fine. The only disconnects I can see are those from you've swapped the router around, so the line is looking stable.
Do you have a TBB Graph at all? ( http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106312.0.html ) We could use this to look for any potential packet loss. Your sync rate is high at 17795 and your CVLAN (IP Profile) is set to 17741.
rookey
Grafter

Strange one of ur ticket reply says I've a fault on my line so I carried those test out for u
Speed low as 9 is terrible. I don't have a graph. Am
Fed up with this now
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You've raised a fault to our Faults Team so they will test your connection again for you.
You should expect an update within 48-72 hours.
rookey
Grafter

But I did what I was told to do put the Router in the Test Socket for you to test as instructed  with one of the tickets so why have i done this and nothing being do by the person who requested me to do this
rookey
Grafter

Just done another test just 3.5MB download now. Not happy
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 3.85 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 0.87 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
This via the bt test and i have do the further test so you should see results?Huh
rookey
Grafter

Strange thing is I see this in the Router Setup

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.255 / 17.423
I just can't understand this as speed is effected on all devices in the house... Something not right somewhere and I think ever since next door signed up to Plus Net it went downhill
rookey
Grafter

Grr getting worse some sites wouldn't load.
rookey
Grafter

here you go
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I appreciate it's frustrating. We've asked you to connect your equipment into your Test Socket whilst our Faults Team investigate the issue for you.
The Faults Team can take up to 48-72 hours to get back in touch from the time you raised your Fault Ticket.
Please allow us some time to look into this for you.
rookey
Grafter

Does the graph mean anything I've notice red on it
AndyH
Grafter

It means packet loss.
The TBB sends a ping to your router every second of the day and it measures the response times. These responses are then aggregated/averaged and the response times for 100 pings are graphed into one section. Where you have packet loss, a ping is being sent but no response is being received back - there are a few possibilities for this and one of them is a line fault. Ideally, you should not have any packet loss.
Can you post your router stats? I imagine your seeing quite a few errors on there.
rookey
Grafter

Where the router stats on the provided router from Plus Net?Huh