cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed Very Slow

dsdxp

Broadband Speed Very Slow

Hello, over the last few days my broadband connection has being going through some problems. Think it started playing up a few days ago the start of the week it was working as normal now the download/upload speed has dropped badly. I've already gone through all the tests including Bt's Speedtest and this has being the same result for the past few days:

This is also over a course of 3 hours/testing it at specific times to see if there is any difference but no the download speed is now 29kbs when my connection can achieve 500-600kbs and a bit more than that. I've tried different filters/Ethernet cable and still get the same results, now i've being reading the service updates and checking the BT connections around my area and apparently a fault was detected on the 14th and has since being fixed. Now at this moment i'm not 100% on what to do mainly because i've never had this kind of problem before should I report this as a fault?
7 REPLIES 7
BigNez
Dabbler

Re: Broadband Speed Very Slow

I take it you are on ASDL2+
Looking at the number of users with the same issues I would think it's a Plusnet issue!
Mine is the same.
dsdxp

I would assume i'm on it since they are going through the process of updating everyone's aren't they? And sorry to hear your having the same problems hope you get it resolved soon!
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Your sync rate (6.98 Mbps) is vastly better than your IP profile (0.25 Mbps - this is a throttle applied by BT).  This phenomenon that can only happen when you're NOT on ADSL2+.  This should right itself in a few days.
dsdxp

I hope so since this is the first time its ever happened to me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Looking at the number of users with the same issues I would think it's a Plusnet issu

Don't think we're "shirking" responsibility by saying this but the main purpose of this forum is for support so it will no doubt attract similar complaints. I'm confident from what I've seen that you've both unfortunately been affected by individual and unrelated faults. It's more likely that customers on the same exchange would be affected by the same issue.
In your case dsdxp I wouldn't bank on the connection coming back up to speed by itself as you seem to be disconnecting and reconnecting quite frequently, assuming that's not yourself powering the router on and off it's something we'd need to look at from a faults perspective. I can see you've raised ticket 58838710 but it looks like you'd need to go back to http://faults.plus.net and complete the questions on the fault checker.
@BigNez as replied to on another post you've raised a fault ticket in full which we'll get back to you about ASAP, where as dsdxp isn't you seem to be on ADSL2+ so the path to resolving this will differ but we'll get you there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dsdxp

Just finished filling in the fault report, still getting the same speed just hope something can be done to fix it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

just hope something can be done to fix it.

Thanks for getting the fault raised I'm sure we'll get you sorted.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team