cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed No Higher Than 25kbps For Two Weeks

didasko7

Broadband Speed No Higher Than 25kbps For Two Weeks

I've been a PlusNet Broadband customer since March & the speed was pretty good (in the 2mbps area), up until a few weeks back. Last week the speed dropped significantly, as well as frequently cutting out all together. The past 7 days, the cutting out stopped, but the speed hasn't got above 25kbps. I've tried resetting the router, tested the router, tested my ADSL filters, tested the cables, tested my devices (including closing programs), & they're all working fine. I've even done the BTW Performance test, & that's telling me the same thing.
So is there a problem with the PlusNet service? I haven't seen or heard of any news of a problem, especially in my area (Stoke-on-Trent). I don't like to complain, but this is affecting my Christmas preparations. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
mummra
Dabbler

Re: Broadband Speed No Higher Than 25kbps For Two Weeks

Welcome to the club! I am around your area and I have had problems for ages, had a lovely 6.5mb/s connection, which was higher than estimated and now less than 1mb/s...
Currently going through the ticket/question process and a potential fault has been found on my line, which needs further testing, responses are few and far between too which is nice!
Enjoy!
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

didasko7
To comment sensibly we need to know what's happening with your connection.  Could you extract and post out the line statistics from your router?
didasko7

Okay, I have no idea how to do that...
But through the help of the Broadband Troubleshooter, I was able to determine that it was a phone connection issue. Checked for a dial tone, & there wasn't one. So I've gone through the Phone Troubleshooter...which has led to more confusion.  Huh
dick:quote
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Progress of sorts, there's no point in worrying about broadband until the phone line's working.  Did you manage to get a phone fault logged?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: didasko7
But through the help of the Broadband Troubleshooter, I was able to determine that it was a phone connection issue.

I can see an engineer has been arranged to look into this, I hope they can get to the bottom of the issue for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.