cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed Collapsed

randmathome

Broadband Speed Collapsed

Over the last couple of days my broadband speed has reduced to a rubbish 0.7 Mb down and 0.3 Mb up. This is not good enough !!
This has happened several times over the years and has been very quickly solved by the service team and i hope you will do the necessary "resetting at your end?" this time.
Please reset my speed asap  Sad
RJB
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband Speed Collapsed

If your speed has reduced it will be for a reason. Just resetting the speed is going to do nothing to stop it happening again, you need to find out why it is happening in the first place.
If you could provide the information asked for in this post we should be able to see if we can help you identify the reason.
Note that we are not expecting to see any Plusnet staff on these forums before Tuesday (unless someone comes on in their own time).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband Speed Collapsed

Hi there,
Looks like that's down to the BT automated systems picking up a very low sync rate on the 17th May at around 6.30am and things haven't picked up properly since then - an xDSL status check on your line shows it's currently in sync at 2059kb/s. Just wondering if anything's changed on your line recently, in particular has anything new been plugged into the phone line at all?