cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband + Router

Sparksxd
Dabbler

Broadband + Router

I've received an email notifying me "Your Plusnet Home Phone service is ready to use.", and I was just wondering when my broadband would be activated as well now that my phone has been switched over to you?
Also, it seems the router I have got makes a high pitched noise from it, which can be very annoying as the phoneline is in my bedroom. Would it be possible to be sent another router? (Ican get this one back to you once I receive the new one)
18 REPLIES 18
Sparksxd
Dabbler

Re: Broadband + Router

Okay well it seems my Broadband has just activated - though is it still possible to be sent a new router? Thanks
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

You're not the only person mentioning a high pitched noise: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111097.48.html
Sparksxd
Dabbler

Yeah I noticed that from where I went to search. When I do download tests, the router sounds like its going to explode lol
Edit: It always make a racket the router when you are loading up loads of data...
jim:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Glad to see that your broadband is now activated Smiley I've order you a replacement router and will arrange collection via courier for the router that you currently have.
I'll create a ticket on your account and we'll be in-touch to arrange this if that's OK? You'll receive a returns bag with the replacement router which you can discard.
Sparksxd
Dabbler

Will you be contacting me via Email or phone? Just so that I'm aware what time and day I need to be in the house if it is by phone. Thank you for your help.
Edit: It always make a racket the router when you are loading up loads of data...

I've never experienced this with any other router before, usually it'll be a faint noise that you don't really notice, but this router is really loud when loading up data.
But if this is the case with the design of this router, are there any suggestions for any other brand of router you would recommend?
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have one and it is silent so i must assume that there is something wrong with it
Sparksxd
Dabbler

I've been turning the router off during the night to be able to get a good nights sleep and I am fully aware that my speed will drop due to it seeming like a connection failure (even though it isn't). Will I be able to have my line reset once my new router has been received? Or will this fix its self once the new router has been on for a couple of days?
Thanks
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you have just been turning it off once each night and back on again in daylight, and not rebooting frequently etc. it should have had no ill effect to worry about. If your BT IP profile is a little higher with the new modem/router, it may take a couple of days or so for the Current Line speed (Login required) to catch up and match.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I tried to call you earlier to arrange collection of the router, I've left you a voicemail.
Sparksxd
Dabbler

Hi there. Just got your voicemail. What available times do you have?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'm afraid it's not possible to book a specific time though we can state that AM or PM is preferred, it's pretty much just Monday to Friday - though it can be picked up from your place of work if that's easier than your own premises?
Sparksxd
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
Hi,
I'm afraid it's not possible to book a specific time though we can state that AM or PM is preferred, it's pretty much just Monday to Friday - though it can be picked up from your place of work if that's easier than your own premises?

Afternoon will be the best time to pick up (Monday - Friday).
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll get a collection date confirmed tomorrow and let you know when it is.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
We've requested collection, we're just waiting for the confirmation for this. I confirm with you as soon as I've got it.