Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Profile

mojorisin
Grafter

Broadband Profile

Hi All
After getting my new Linksys router and it being stable for 3 weeks and synching at 2976 giving me a profile of 2500kbs I had one power outage of the router and my profile has been dropped to 500kbs even on my old router it never went lower than 1000kbs
Do i now have to wait another 3 days of constant connection to get my profile back up again ? or can PlusNet reset it the previous level manually ?
Really frustrating dropping to such a slow speed as iam now only getting about 450k rather than the 2200k i was getting before this
any help would be great
cheers
mick
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Broadband Profile

it doesn't need three days of constant connection just 3 or 4 days where the synch rate doesn't drop too far - if it can remain at or above 2848 kbps you will go back to 2,500 stable rate - and neither you nor PlusNet can speed up the automatic system
mojorisin
Grafter

Thanks for the reply just seems a bit strange that one drop in connection means i have to lose so much speed and drop down to lowest broadband speed especially annoying that it happens on the holiday weekend when it is getting used more  Angry
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I agree completely and I don't know why BT put in such a silly system when the LLU providers don't need it.
James
Grafter

Apparently there's going to be more intelligent bRAS profiling on the wBC product under 21CN.
I'm just not entirely sure what that's meant to mean!
dieselglider
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You'd think the 'blip logic' would kick in with that sort of drop in sync speed, and activate the 75 minute rule.  Have you tried re-syncing?
If it only drops by say, from 2500 to 2000, you can wait for 5 days...
mojorisin
Grafter

iam now only synching at 2560 when i used to consistently synch at 2976 and latterly 3150 but to drop down to 500 profile speed is just wrong
My connection is now synching at 2560 and this is showing as 1500 in my profile but this is a big drop from my stable 2500 before the easter break !!!! What happened did the plusnet network get flooded over the holidays Huh anyone else effected by this major drop in speed ?Huh
My old router used to drop the connection mulitiple times a day due to overheating but since i got the new one it had been stable for about 3 weeks and only a power outage had taken it offline but this has been the worst drop in speed yet

will i ever get my speed back ?? went from download speeds of 269kb/s to 177kb/s which is quite a drop

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Your sync speed has nothing to do with PlusNet. It is between you and the exchange i.e. BT.
BT's implementation of ADSL is seriously flawed and many people are being penalised by a single drop in sync rate then having to wait (at low speeds) for 3 -> 5 days before things get back to nomal. And if you happen to drop sync to a lower value again, the timer resets again and the wait continues.
What can also happen in the min SNR value is increased from the normal 6dB to 9, 12 or even 15dB with a corresponding reduction in sync rae possible. You need to check your downstream SNR as this may have been increased and getting it decreasing is  manual request which can also take ages.
With LLU, the rate you sync at is the rate you can transfer data at. None of the silly profiles or change of min SNR.
You have no choice but to wait and hope things return to normal in a few days.