cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Pro enough for me?

indelible

Broadband Pro enough for me?

I'm placing this here as I have no idea where else to place it and I am in a rush at the moment 😛
Today, I placed my order for broadband/phone with PlusNet as I have heard - generally anyway - good things about you guys. My thinking is that you can't be as bad as Tiscali or as extortionate as BT, so here I am. I'm a gamer. I like to game. I mostly play MMOs but sometimes FPS games like CoD4. My question is as follows:
I've opted for Broadband Pro - naturally - due to the fact that it SEEMS to suit my needs better than your other packages. I am just wondering if the 15gb usage allowance will be enough for my needs. I play Warhammer Online and World of Warcraft at least once a day for 2-4 hours. I spend hours browsing the net per day. I access my emails through a browser and do very little downloading on peak; I plan to download most of my stuff between 12 and 8 so as to not take up the 15gb.
Is this enough for me, or should I be keeping an eye on things?
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Broadband Pro enough for me?

artificer
Grafter

if you game and surf a lot during peak hours, you will need to keep an eye on your usage.
scootie
Grafter

well i play my xbox on average 4 hours a day during peak time. i dont do alot of youtube or iplayer but a family member is a photographer so is looking at alot of sites with loads of pics like flickr ect.
iam on option 3. 30 gb was 20gb when i upgraded and curently i have not gone over 15gb so far but like the option 3 for the unlimted speed on p2p over night.
ive attached thiese captures of my usage pages. so u can see the break down of the types of traffic im using. my xbox hardly uses much as i say i put in at least 4 hours aday even more some days
johnjarram
Grafter

i'm on pro and i still get high pings about 5 times higher than during the week and slow speeds every weekend so this probably won't suit your gaming needs,i know it doesn't suit mine. Angry
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

That sounds like a problem, rather than anything to do with the product.  Have you raised a fault etc?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
indelible

I've decided to swap Broadband Pro for Option 3, simply because of the issue I have with the limited 15gb usage allowance.
From my perspective as a long time gamer, this package only takes into account gaming and very little outside of that. Today, 30gb would be sufficient for gaming coupled with standard internet browsing, P2P and other net software. I mean, if I only used the connection for gaming, then 15gb would be enough but I do far more than that.
So yes, Option 3 for me.
zubel
Community Veteran

I'm on Pro, and I generally go "just over" my usage each month by a gig or two
That's with 3 Warcraft machines running at least 6 hours per day (including patch downloads :O), plus one machine being used during the day for fairly heavy work usage.
I do take care to schedule any "heavy" downloading for 12am-8am, and probably rack up anything from 50-70GB of usage during particularly heavy months.
B.