cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Order

raspblu

Broadband Order

Hello
I ordered the Plusnet Broadband Extra package ages ago. A new line had to be installed and I had to wait for quite a while before that could be done. That was done yesterday morning. The BT openreach engineer said that I should ring plusnet because all they have to do now is switch it on and it should usually only take a few hours.
Since then, I have received texts and emails in many different wordings telling me that my broadband order is on the way, however the last one says 08/09/10, which is 11 days away. Does it really take this long? or is this something they just say for extreme cases where it takes ages.
Further to this, if it does take this long, then is it a little fraudulent of Plusnet to take payments from me yesterday rather than when the broadband actually starts?
How long does other people's broadband take to start working?
Thanks, Richard
1 REPLY 1
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Broadband Order

I think broadband set-up normally takes 7 days but the Bank Holiday might be extending time-scales for you. However completion is sometimes a day earlier than scheduled.
Broadband payments normally run from the date of activation; did yesterday's payment exceed the first month's line rental and router P & P?
David