cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Light on

Jamie37
Dabbler

Broadband Light on

I got my Hub one router in the post 2 days ago and plusnet still haven't activated my broadband. the power light is orange and the broadband light is red. Plusnet sent a letter saying it would be activated a day after router arrived.
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Broadband Light on

You will need to have this question moved to the broadband section, also make sure you have the correct username and password entered in your router.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect to the internet.

I'm unable to find your account from your forum details.

Drop me a private message with your username and I'll take a look.

Thanks @Jamie37 I've checked the order and it's in progress for the 25th May.

It can take anytime up to midnight for the service to go live.

I'd advise turning your router off until you receive an email advising that your broadband's live.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamie37
Dabbler

@Gandalf Why won't it activate until the 25th may, you have already taken the first payment so I would expect that you provide the service, I've already been without wifi for a week and my data is running low, please just activate it now?!!!!!
Jamie37
Dabbler

Please just activate it now/ today I need wifi😞
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. We placed your fibre order on the 18th, and there's a minimum lead time of 5 working days we have to give our suppliers for these type of orders. It requires an engineer to complete work at your cabinet.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamie37
Dabbler

@Gandalf Well please can you at least give me an activation date?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gandalf wrote:
I've checked the order and it's in progress for the 25th May.

It can take anytime up to midnight for the service to go live.

I'd advise turning your router off until you receive an email advising that your broadband's live.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamie37
Dabbler

@Gandalf Also we ordered the router and re activation last Sunday 14th may. So surely it should have been activated yesterday?? The phone line was up straight away so why not this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looking into this, I can see your account was picked up by our provisioning team on the 16th May.

The phone line was restarted and became active on the 17th May.

We had to wait 24 hours for supplier records to update to show that Plusnet now provide the line.

We placed your fibre order on the 18th May, and this is progressing for the 25th May.

Appreciate your frustration by this process, but to restart a BT phone line just takes 24 hours, but fibre orders have a minimum lead time of 5 working days and sometimes can be pushed back due to engineer availability in your area.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamie37
Dabbler

@Gandalf so do you know when the engineer is going to do it? There must be an early activation thing I could do?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This should happen on the 25th May.

To expedite a fibre order, this costs £196+VAT and even then it's subject to engineer availability so there's no guarantee the date will be brought forward. Because of the very high cost, it's not really something we promote or offer.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamie37
Dabbler

@Gandalf so I still have to go another 5days without wifi?😭😞
Jamie37
Dabbler

@Gandalf Thank You for your tips and advice, id be so grateful if you could try to speed up the activation. I will NOT be paying the faster activation Fee. Thankyou very much for your help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, but I'm afraid we can't speed this up.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet