cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Issues

Graham452

Broadband Issues

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping you can help!  The big issue I'm having right now is that my router is simply not connecting to devices.  The router is lit up blue, not showing any issues.  Taking tonight as an example, I booted my Macbook up, and its not connected to WiFi.  I try to manually connect, but cant.  I reset the router and then there is no issue.

This is a daily problem, and I'm not sure what I can do!

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Broadband Issues

Hi @Graham452, I am sorry that you are experiencing issues.

If you haven't already, it might be worth separating your routers 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless and see if you have the same issue.

To do so, follow the steps below:

1) Connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'. What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection. 

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Graham452

Hi Lauren,  I've just made these changes, so I'll report back in a few days!

Thanks!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Keep us posted Graham.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet