cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Fault Checker won't work with Opera 10 natively

Community Veteran

Broadband Fault Checker won't work with Opera 10 natively

I've just been asked to initiate the Broadband Fault Checker  as part of a ticket I've raised about a speed problem (see also my thread here)
I'm using Opera 10 under Windows XP Home SP3.
I can open the fault checker OK, and it returns the page asking if the telephone number etc. is correct ... but when I click on "Yes", the page simply refreshes rather than taking me on to the next stage.
If however I use Firefox or IE, or if I set Opera to masquerade as Firefox or IE, then the page continues OK.
This is disappointing and annoying.

5 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Broadband Fault Checker won't work with Opera 10 natively

Has Opera 10 actually been released officially yet?
I thought it was still in beta?
Community Veteran

nope it's live and fully released -- Opera users on earlier versions receive prompts to upgrade
James
Grafter

Thanks Paul.
Any chance you could grab me a screengrab?  I'll be able to raise it with the content team to see if there's anything they can do.
Community Veteran

yessum,  but it'll only show the page looking normal -- it's the action that's the problem
(or perhaps it's that I've described it so inadequately you want to know where the problem occurs Smiley)
usually the problem with this sort of apparent Opera-incompatibility is that pages are coded for IE's quirks (even though the coders don't realise they're quirks). FF seems to be able to manage this on-the-fly whereas Opera executes code on the basis of "the standard" (unless you explicitly tell it otherwise) and so appears to fail.
anyhoo, i'll sort it when i get home
Community Veteran

umm can't  ... not until the fault is closed anyway, 'cause the checker won't let me open another check