cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Dropping 20 Times a Day

alastairwp

Broadband Dropping 20 Times a Day

Hi there, I've been having all kinds of trouble with PlusNet and BT with my line dropping out 20times a day for up to an hour at a time. BT have sent 6 engineers out who fob us off. PlusNet simply don't care and they know they were stuck because there's no other network in our area. I'm considering launching a class action case against PlusNet and BT. Would you be interested in joining me? If so email me at alastairwp@gmail.com.

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Broadband Dropping 20 Times a Day

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Post moved to its own topic and renamed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you would like assistance from the forum, please follow the speed issues trouble shooter (see link at the bottom) and post the full stats as below

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

@crt can you please post a radius plot?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi @alastairwp I've reviewed your account and I am sorry to see your fault ongoing for sometime. It looks like an escalation has been raised with our suppliers and your fault is due to be investigated by a field engineer within the next 48 hours.

Thanks for your patience, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button